- District Life
- Current Jobs and Volunteering Opportunities
- District Leadership Team
- District Primary Schools
- District Vision
- Healthy Church Reviews
- Methodist Homes for the Aged (MHA)
- Mission Statement
- Synod Reports
- Circuit News and Events
- District News and Events
- District Diary
- Mission and Evangelism
- Connexional Links
- Contact Us
Key areas of work for 2017/18
Key areas of work for 2017/18
The NW&Mann DMLN staff team are members of the Connexional team, and as regional workers also work as part of the North West & Mann Learning & Development Network.
The North West & Mann Learning & Development Network serves the learning and development needs of the Methodist Church in the seven Districts of the Isle of Man, Cumbria, Lancashire, Bolton & Rochdale, Liverpool, Manchester & Stockport and Chester & Stoke-on-Trent.
We are a network of volunteers including District Local Preachers' tutors and secretaries, Local Preachers' portfolio moderators, District officers, Pioneer ministries' mentors, safeguarding trainers and many more skilled teachers, facilitators and enablers. Linking all this and more together are the paid Connexional staff team in the NWM Discipleship & Ministries Learning Network (DMLN). Together we all make up the NWM Learning & Development Network.
The work is overseen by the NWM Forum which is made up of the Chairs of the Districts and the DMLN staff in the North West and Mann Learning & Development Region. The Forum has six areas of work which it has decided is the focus of the learning and development work in the region. If you are interested and have skills in one of these areas of church life, then please contact Alison Ransome as we would like to widen the breadth of people involved in the Forum through these action groups.
The following is not an exhaustive list so please contact a member of the regional team if you have a piece of work or project you would like to develop.
- All Together Now - click here for information.
- Third Age Spirituality - support, resources and gatherings for those with this ministry - click here for information.
- Healthy Communities
Growing through Conflict Foundation Day - click here
Domestic Abuse - click here for information
- Biblical Literacy
Transforming Bible studies - click here for information
Bible Month 2018 - click here for information
Theological Literacy - click here for information
For other resources which might support you please click here.
- Youth and Children's Ministry and Participation - there is much going on in this area including the ONE programme and the District Youth & Children's Work Enablers.
- Connecting Disciples - learning and development for lay employees - Connexional conferences and local one day conferences and a retreat. As well as developing work in Districts to have a coherent support for lay employees.
- Local Lay Ministries - for those lay people who either paid or unpaid are contracted to work for a local church as its pastor - click here for information.
- Vocational Exploration - there are a series of days for anyone wanting to explore what God may have for you. Also, we are working with some Districts to raise the confidence in discernment of vocation. Plus there is a whole system of support for those exploring Candidating for ordained ministry.
- Worship: Leading and Preaching - ongoing support for tutors as students get nearer to being ready to hand in portfolios. FAQs and also some very helpful Top Tips here. Here is the latest flyer for Training Days for potential Tutors to learn more about the course and the role of a Tutor.
- Safeguarding - lots of the usual training this year, including Leadership Module, Training new Foundation Module trainers, plus Update training for existing FM trainers and a new day we are putting on for those in local churches who want to get a handle on what the nuts and bolts of the safeguarding policy means in practice.
- Pioneering Pathways in this region is now underway - click here for more information; contact Alison Hulse.
- Church Reviews and Visioning - this year we are looking for people to work with us and to act as a team of volunteers to come alongside churches, to act as the external consultant - if you are interested, contact David Pickles.
- Change Management - training session available on request from David Pickles.
- Governance Training for local churches - led in partnership with TCC - please contact David Pickles.
- Circuit Stewards (Hearing God; Leading God's People) - these two evening sessions are coming to your District for Circuit Stewards - click here for information.