- District Life
- Current Jobs and Volunteering Opportunities
- District Leadership Team
- District Primary Schools
- District Vision
- Healthy Church Reviews
- Methodist Homes for the Aged (MHA)
- Mission Statement
- Synod Reports
- Circuit News and Events
- District News and Events
- District Diary
- Mission and Evangelism
- Connexional Links
- Contact Us
South Africa Link
SOUTH AFRICA LINK
The Bolton & Rochdale Methodist District now has one main area link in South Africa -
PINETOWN, Durban (Kwa Zulu Natal Province) supporting PHAKAMISA.
PHAKAMISA, pronounced ‘PA-GA-MEE-SA’ meaning ‘to lift up’, ‘to make grow’, is a Ministry of Pinetown Methodist Church.,
Project Director, Thokozani Poswa, visited our District in April 2015.
PHAKAMISA seeks to uplift and empower people in need in the extremely impoverished communities around Pinetown through education, training, resourcing and support, providing ‘a hand up, not a hand out’.
16,000 children are being educated and cared for through Phakamisa’s programmes:
· Educare and Child Minding courses
· Wandering Teachers (provide free education for orphans and the most vulnerable children)
· Caregivers (care for 6,000 vulnerable children, many affected by HIV AIDS)
Range of Workshops including Vegetable Gardening; Cooking; Beadwork; Sewing; Gym;
Literacy Skills; Poultry (men’s group)
· Economic Empowerment (short-term interest free loans are provided to help set up small businesses using the skills acquired in the Phakamisa workshops)
· Tholuthando (confidential HIV AIDS support group)
PHAKAMISA IS MAKING A DIFFERENCE THANKS TO YOU!
There is ongoing support for Phakamisa in the District through individual, group, church and circuit donations and events, particularly in Bolton Mission, Farnworth & Worsley, Leigh & Hindley Circuits.
Gift Aid really makes a difference, and a small amount through monthly giving by becoming a Phakamisa Partner helps to ensure regular funding.
Thank you for your continued love, prayers and support
Please continue to pray for our links with South Africa and use the Prayer Handbook.
If you would like more information about Phakamisa’s work, Phakamisa Partners and Gift Aid or wish to receive Phakamisa Newsletters please contact Phakamisa UK Trustees:
Dawn Lancashire firstname.lastname@example.org 0161 703 9505
Jill Heppolette email@example.com (District office) 01204 843302
PHAKAMISA (UK Registered Charity No. 1095757)